Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy One Week Birthday!


Kendra is officially one week old today! I can't believe it's been a week already - she's made such amazing progress.

There is a rumor among the nursing staff that she will be released to the step down unit (SICU) sometime this week. That is a huge step for preemie babies.

She continues to gain weight, and the nurses have nothing but positive things to say about her development. I'm still a tad under the weather, so I didn't go see her last night. I may tonight if I continue to feel pretty good. It's hard to say if it's a cold or simply my body's reaction to all the trama and stress of the past two weeks.

Dan says I'm starting to look like myself again - neither of us had fully realized how bad the swelling had become. Now that it is going down I look like Karen again. I really didn't recognize myself in the mirror at the hospital. My feet and ankles still look like they are more befitting an elephant than me, but hopefully they will go back to normal as I continue to heal.

Keep the prayers and positive thoughts heading our way - they are obviously working!

No comments: