Monday, June 23, 2008

Standby Caller....

We had our follow-up visit with the doctor on Sunday. I was hooked up to fetal monitors for about an hour, and everything looked wonderful. My blood pressure was back down to normal, but my blood chemistry is still off. Specifically my creatinine levels (which are a measure of kidney function) are slightly elevated.

Today I am doing one more test involving the kidneys, and we'll see how it comes out. I have a follow-up doctor visit and an ultrasound scheduled for Friday. Our sweet, wonderful neighbor has offered to take my BP whenever I want to record it during the week to give to the doctor.

It's a little scary - especially when you walk into the maternity Triage center and the nurse says "let's see if you're having this baby today" in a very matter of fact voice. Guess that's what they do, but I sure wasn't feeling matter of fact about anything! So we're back to waiting and seeing. Keep praying Little One is able to call me home for at least another 3 weeks...

No comments: