Monday, April 28, 2008

Dry Run

First off - everything is fine. We had our first visit to the maternity emergency room on Saturday (yes - there is a seperate area just for maternity patients.) I was bleeding a bit and concerned, so I called my doc. She thought it was fine, but wanted me to come in "just in case."

After being hooked up to several fetal monitors, having my arm bones crushed by the blood pressure cuff (and elevated BP - gee wonder why? Wouldn't have anything to do with the pain I was in from having my arm pulverized??) and a not very fun exam, baby and I were both declared to be doing fine. She said I should take it easy for a few days and check in with them at my next appointment on Wednesday.

Dan was with me, and his supportive comment for the day was "I am totally revising my list of why it's great to be a guy." (after watching me go through the exam). I do love that man :)

Sunday I was still bleeding, but today everything seems to be back to normal. Little One is active and flipping around like crazy.

Welcome to parenthood. Worrying about everything and being powerless to have any effect on 90% of it.

No comments: