Monday, January 29, 2007

Weekend Fun

I had a busy, but very fun weekend. Friday night Michael came by to watch a movie and eat some pizza. Too bad I fell asleep 10 minutes into the show - it was really dull. Oh well - Saturday was much better anyway.

Saturday we headed to this great little place that serves divine crepes - breakfast, lunch or dessert crepes. Very yummy! After a quick stop at Wal-Mart for ammo, we met our friends Eric, Ran and Lars at the gun range. We stayed there over three hours. Michael even rented an Uzi for Lars, Ran and I to try (he and Eric are members). That was fun. Talk about a powerful gun - wow. The five of us then headed out for a late lunch/dinner at the most fabulous Greek restaurant in town.

After lunch Michael and I met Kevin at the mall to pick up some furniture he had ordered. He needed Michael's truck since he drives a very small car. Afterwards he invited us to join him at Wash U's After Dark performance. There were actually three groups performing that night, After Dark, The Amateurs, and The Other Guys from U of I. These were A Capella groups, and they were FABULOUS! I didn't know what to expect, but they were pretty amazing. Kind of songs mixed with dance and comedy all rolled into one great package. I highly recommend seeing some of these groups if you ever get the chance.

After the concert Kevin, Eric, Naomi, Micheal and I went to City Diner for a late night snack. Watch out for their slinger - the chili is sweet and kinda gross. Their milkshakes are beyond fabulous though.

Sunday was spent laying around, watching TV and trying to figure out the more advanced features on my cable service. Michael and I had another "conversation" so we'll see where we go from here.

Until next time...

No comments: