Thursday, January 25, 2007

Give Me Access or Give Me Death

I am currently sitting in my second SQL (Select Query Language) class. I am beginning to understand it, but Access is so much easier! I guess if I had taken these classes before Access they would have made more sense. It's like reading and understanding the complete works of Shakespeare, and later learning what nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs are and how to combine them to form sentences, and an explanation of what a sentence is, and how they can be formed into paragraphs, which form chapters and chapters form books, etc.

It's kinda strange. I can see the usefulness of understanding the underlying language, but...if you have the chance to take in depth classes, start with SQL and move up to the programs that use it as their base.

I did do some pretty awesome (as in awesome for a beginner) work in Access at work. I created an entry portal that leads and links to various sections depending on what the user enters. I'm very proud of it for my first effort.

Oops - back to work. Break is over.

No comments: