Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Catch Up

It's been a crazy few weeks!

On June 6 we welcomed our son into the world. Darian was three weeks early and came via a c-section. He weighed in at 6lbs, 9oz and 18 inches long. He did beautifully right off the bat!

It was such a different experience from Kendra's c-section. I wasn't on all the heavy duty drugs, so I was much more conscious and aware of what was going on. Since he didn't need to go to the NICU both he and Dan stayed in the OR with me. They walked back to recovery with me, and Darian stayed in the room the whole time I was in recovery. The only time he left was when I sent him to the nursery at night so I could sleep.

I was sent home on Thursday, and spent the next few days in our guest room with Darian in the playpen next to me. (The guest room is on the ground floor so I didn't have to walk stairs.) I'm still on pain pills, but feeling better. I'm now sleeping upstairs again, and we are all slowly finding our way as a family of four.

On Tuesday Kendra had her last day of preschool for the year. She and her class "crossed the bridge" into summer as the parents watched proudly with tears in their eyes.

Each child walked across a small bridge when their name was called. They were given a small backpack they had decorated earlier in the week, and inside was the notebook they colored in all year long, and the class yearbook.

More catch ups to come soon....

No comments: