Friday, March 13, 2009

In Springfield

We made it to Springfield last night. It was a long, uneventful trip. Laurie (my cousin's cousin) was amazing at keeping Kendra entertained - which was no small feat. Nothing like an 8 month old strapped into a car seat for an 8 hour car ride. Good thing I have an easy-going child. She played with Laurie, napped, played with the doll her Great Aunt Dee gave her, giggled and generally had a good time. I think Randy was surprised that she didn't cry at all.

Today I helped Marilyn with prep work for tomorrow's service and luncheon. Randy and I went to lunch with another cousin, then a stroll through the mall. I found Kendra's Easter dress, and a few other outfits for her. What can I say? She's cute :)

The rest of the clan converged on Marilyn's house tonight. We sat and talked for a while, then everyone went to the hotel for a good night's rest. I think we're meeting for breakfast in the morning (depending on if I can get Kendra and I up and moving fast enough), and the service begins at 1:00pm.

No comments: