Wednesday, August 25, 2010

One, Two, Five, Six

Kendra is starting to understand the concept of numbers and counting. As evidenced by the title though, she hasn't totally gotten it yet. :) She seems to understand what "one" is, and sometimes can count to two. Anything above two becomes "one, two, five, six." It's really cute, but also pretty cool that she is starting to understand the one to one correlation of numbers and objects. It is so fascinating to actually watch her learning.

Monday Dan actually had an entire conversation with her. She told him all about her swimming lessons. She used pretty clear words, and he had no problem understanding that she "blew bubbles," "floated on my back," and "dived." It was pretty cool that she could tell him about something that happened in her day.

As for me, unemployment is agreeing with me. I've dropped five pounds so far. I have gotten more exercise in the past week than I have in a long time. It's pretty amazing - I never realized how sedentary I was. Kendra, Turtle and I have been walking to the park, the store, the library - wherever we can. I've even taken my bike out once, which I haven't done in about a year.

I don't have any job leads, but I'm contemplating starting a drop in babysitting service. I could earn some money, and fill a need a lot of moms have. Even something simple - like trying to get a haircut - can become a major ordeal if you don't have someone to watch you kids for a bit. I need to do some more research, but perhaps...

No comments: