Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekend Warriors

In the time honored tradition of the weekend warrior, I spent today working in the yard and Dan in the bathroom. We had high hopes the bathroom would finally be completed, but alas, it was not to be. The sealant on the sink is taking much longer to cure than we anticipated. Dan is finalizing everything else, and we'll install the faucet - the last thing - tomorrow night. There are a few touch up details to finish, but it's all minor stuff.

I spent the afternoon cutting the grass and cleaning up our yard. I am, unfortunately, not exaggerating when I say the grass was taller than Kendra. Most of our grass is pure weeds for now, as we work on finishing the wall. No sense in combating weeds when we're going to dig it all up to move the dirt. It's all cut down to size again for now, and looks pretty good.

I also planted some more in the garden. We now have 5 tomatoes, one each of banana, cayenne and jalapeno peppers, and some purple green beans. The peas and potatoes I planted earlier are doing great, and my broccoli and carrots are sprouted. I even managed to lay down some mulch and Miracle Grow.

After finishing all of that, I spent the last of my energy planting flowers in a couple of baskets and treating my blueberries for bugs. I still want to plant more flowers, and we are getting a couple of trees to add to the yard, but I'm happy with the way it's coming along.

No comments: