It's been a while since my last post, and as you can imagine it's been busy.
1. Dad came here for a week to work on insurance papers. We finished the inventory of the household contents, and are now working on pricing everything. It is a tremendous amount of work, and we have until March 2 to turn it in. Anyone who has some spare time on their hands and wants to help price about 3,000 items....
2. We got some numbers from the structural part of the policy. They will most likely cut a check in the next two weeks. Dad will then have 6 months to find somewhere permanent to live. He's started looking at houses, but isn't really sure what he wants - or where he wants it. I think he's ruled out Seattle, much to my disappointment. But I think he's seriously considering somewhere in the Ballwin area - it's near his sister. He wants to wait until March (after the inventory is turned in) to buckle down and really start looking.
3. Kendra is doing wonderfully. She keeps growing and growing. She isn't crawling yet, but she manages to be pretty mobile. She scoots and rolls to get where she wants to go. She's eating solid foods like a champ. Last night she had a grand time smearing banana's all over her face, the table, the dogs...
4. Dan is not as thrilled with Kendra's new eating habits. He gets extremely squicked out by the slimy-ness that our daughter loves to engage in. :) He is so wonderful with her in every other way though. He even finished our taxes last night, so one more thing off our plates for now.
5. I'm doing ok. I tore my plantar fascia tendon about a week ago and am now in a walking boot. I have to wear it about a month and will, hopefully, then be all better. I'm working full time again, still for the same company. It's a perfect situation - I get to work full time and we don't have any daycare costs. It is a little tricky to balance it all, but again, Dan is wonderful in helping out. He now has baby duty in the mornings while I get in a few hours before he leaves for work.
6. Otis is showing his age. He started having trouble walking last week, and couldn't seem to eat, so we took him to the vet. The vet seems to think he might have a brain lesion, and yes, that's as bad as it sounds. Basically Otis' whole world has shifted - kinda like being on a boat in high waves. That's why he's had such a hard time walking - it isn't a physical lack but a mental one. He now holds his head at an angle to try and compensate. He still can't eat hard food, but is doing ok with moist, if we beat the other dogs back to give him time. His attitude is still good - he's still Otis, but his time with us drawing to a close.