Tuesday, August 5, 2008
How Can One So Cute...
be such a frustration? Babies should be born with the ability to talk - it would make life dramatically easier. Nothing is more frustrating than your child crying, you having no idea why and nothing you do helps. Thank goodness there are two of us - one gets frustrated and hands her off to the other.
So far, I've learned the following things about motherhood:
1. Sometimes ice cream and a spoon is necessary. Dan saw my frustration last night and handed me the carton of ice cream and a spoon.
2. Chocolate is your friend during late night feedings. I keep a stash of various candy bars that are easily broken into small pieces on top of the fridge. It is much more enjoyable to trudge down the steps at 2am and again at 4am and again... if you know there is chocolate as your reward at the bottom.
3. Nursing is hard. People have been nursing forever, yet it is one of the more difficult aspects of motherhood. Frustration levels are high, and tears (from both of us) aren't uncommon.
4. There is a HUGE size difference between "newborn" clothes and "0-3 month" clothes. And none of them will actually fit a newborn, unless you give birth to a linebacker.
5. Despite the frustrations and tears, she is the most amazing thing to ever happen to me.