Sunday, December 2, 2007

Decorating for Christmas


We spent today putting up Christmas decorations. Dan and Otis are experiencing their first ever Crazy Karen Christmas. So far both seem to be taking things well. Dan and I decorated the tree together, and I decorated the pets :) I love Christmas so much. Dan says I may even manage to chase the bah-humbugs out of him. And yes, we'll both be in STL for actual Christmas day, but there's a whole month leading up to that! And it's our first Christmas together, in our house.


Mother Nature went all out in helping us get into the spirit. We got about two inches of snow dumped on us yesterday. We took the dogs and went to the dogpark to play in it. Everyone had a great time, and we were thoroughly worn out and slightly chilled upon our return. The snow was very heavy and wet, and quickly soaked through even water resistant clothing. By this morning though, all traces were gone.


We spent last evening with Kai and Christine at their holiday open house. It was a nice evening, and great to see some of the people I'm meeting again. I'm hoping some bonds of friendship are beginning to form.

No comments: