Friday, December 14, 2007

Monkeys at Keyboards

It has been said that enough monkeys given enough time would be able to recreate all of Shakespeare's blog entries, and here's proof:

Karen said I should post that we've narrowed down a date... and that date is....

I'm really surprised by how many people ask "how are you feeling about this?" or "are you going to eat those french fries," or "is Otis okay?" The obvious answers are "thrilled, no, and he's showing his age but doing OK!" Really, I couldn't be happier or more terrified. Or more elated to be sharing this experience with Karen. Seriously, there's just not time just yet to deal with more than that. Of course I'm concerned about building a local support structure for Karen and a baby, Karen's health during all of this, the financial stress of a family, the possibility for a problems, the general opportunity cost of it all, but let's take those one at time.

We've got a wedding to plan. And we're going to aim for....

But to be perfectly clear, I'm excited to be in this position and it's a lot easier to be here, on the sofa, unburdened by constant nausea and coping with fatigue. Still, we've made a good start at continuing our efforts to eat smart and work out. This evening, in fact, we hit the gym. In my case it was moving hazily between stations hoping to gain some ounce of fitness from my gram of effort while thinking, "Wow. We're umm.. wow." Karen gave it her all, and returned home to go to bed...

But not before pulling out a calendar....

I'm particularly fortunate in all of this as I'll get to have my parents here - for a wedding as much as a birth - but as much as I wish my grandparents were still around to share in the moment too, I'm oddly excited that Otis will be. It isn't the same thing, of course, and they're not interchangeable, but that furry beast has been through so much with me. Yay! (Can we have dogs in the ceremony? The cats could provide a choir!)

How about March 16th? Ish? It won't be much more than a pause to honor our union - the reception party will be in the Lou at some later time - but we'll find a way to include as many people as we can. More details to come!

One Sonnet down....


Oh, and this stuff is FASCINATING!
http://www.revolutionhealth.com/healthy-living/pregnancy/forty-weeks/first-trimester/fetal-development

No comments: