Sunday, May 20, 2007

Happy Anniversary


This week was my Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Johnny's 50th wedding anniversary! Quite the accomplishment! Their kids threw a small party for them to celebrate. Johnny doesn't do crowds...actually Johnny doesn't do people, so the party was very small. Just their kids, the grandkids and their spouses, and the great-grandkids. I'm the long-lost daughter, so I was invited as well. :)


Saturday Marilyn and I did a bit of shopping before the party, and went to Kaldi Coffee for lunch. Sunday we went to a new winery OOVDH (oof-dah) - it's Springfield's first and not too bad. I bought some blueberry and concord grape wine. He also had the coolest garden I have ever seen - I can't describe it very well, but I'll try. He planted two long sheets of metal about 3 feet apart and filled in between them with dirt. The garden was planted there. Everything was waist high - no bending to weed or pick. It also doubled as a fence for his yard. It was very cool.


We had a wonderful time, and it was great to spend time with my cousins again.

No comments: