Sunday, April 29, 2007

Nashville Country Music Marathon


WE DID IT! Five of us (Michelle, Eric, Ran, Michael and I) left for Nashville Friday morning to compete in Saturday's Country Music Marathon and 1/2 Marathon . It has been a wonderful trip.

Saturday the weather was gorgeous, but the traffic was awful. Approximately 30,000 people came to compete, plus all their family and friends. It took us over an hour to get to the race site, and it was only a few miles away from the hotel. Michael and Ran ran, while the rest of us walk/ran. Final time 3 hours, 49 minutes.

Saturday afternoon was spent in the hot tub easing sore muscles, and Saturday night at the post-race concert. Sara Evans was the headliner. I really like her and was excited to see the concert. My body had other ideas - namely sleep. I managed to doze off in the middle of 20,000 screaming people. The part I saw was good, and I slept like a baby that night.

Sunday we slept in, only to be awoken by the fire alarm. We're pretty sure the hotel people figured it was the only way to get 200 exhausted people out by check-out time. We headed to The Hermitage, home of former president Andrew Jackson. It was beautiful and very interesting. By the time we left Nashville it was almost 3:00. I finally pulled into my driveway about 10:00.

Very long, very fun weekend. Ran, Eric, Michelle and Michael are wonderful travel companions. I can't wait till we do it again (well, maybe not the running part)

3 comments:

Eric Berger said...

It was a pleasure crossing the line with you.

cheryl said...

Congratulations! I'm so proud of everyone who walked.

M Easter said...

congrats to all! that's fantastic...