Friday, April 6, 2007

Dark Before the Dawn


Things always get worse before they get better, right? Well, here's worse. I had no water in my house all day yesterday. I had to shut the main off because none of the shut-off valves worked. I have since replaced them all. Of course, the cold water one was so corroded I couldn't get it off, so we cut it out. Michael then taught me to pre-tin and solder new pipes then install them to the existing pipes. Once that was done, I replaced the shut-offs.

You know you're in the midst of a major remodel when your bathroom sink and toilet end up on your bedroom floor.

After working until 2 am though, I had a sheet of drywall behind the toilet, a new floor, and water. We replaced all the stuff inside the toilet, as well as the seals and washers. As long as it was apart and in pieces, why not?

For now, a long soak in the tub, followed by Advil and bed. I begin again tomorrow.

No comments: