Tuesday, February 19, 2013

It's Octopus Week




At the Seattle Aquarium, anyway.  The kids and I headed there today to learn about octopi and the various creatures that share our PacNW home with us.  There are an amazing amount of them - most of them too tiny to see, and many on the slimy side.

We saw several varieties of octopi, fish, sea stars, seals, otters, anemones and birds, and learned a bit about their habitat and food.  Being raised in the Midwest, I know very little about the marine life that shares our coast.  I have bought several books on Puget Sound as well as some Mac Field Identification cards in the hopes of fixing that. 

In the meantime, I'll just keep dragging the kids to museums with me.  It's good exercise - for the mind and body (I spent far too much time chasing Darian around.  That boy can MOVE!)

No comments: