Sunday, February 17, 2013

Date Night

Our Valentine's Day gift from Kai was a night of babysitting, so last night Dan and I headed out for a date night.  We started at the Chihuly Museum at the base of the Space Needle.  It was beautiful!  I loved looking at all the colors and shapes of the glass - and was thrilled the kids weren't there.  That would have been nerve wracking. 

Because we went in the evening, we were given a coupon for a free appetizer from the Collections Cafe that is attached to the Museum, so we headed there for dinner.  Crispy Beecher Cheese Curds, and a fantastic lamb ragout was perfect.  We walked back to the car and stopped at the newest P-Patch garden, which is on top of a parking garage.  It was pretty neat to see.  Half the top level of the garage is dedicated to gardening.  I was suitably impressed at the ingenious way of coming up with green space in a very urban area.

Our last stop was a small bar that had several kinds of Amaro.  I became enamored with the liquor on our last trip to St. Louis.  I'm now on a quest to find the one I like the best.  So far, it's the St. Louis one - only I don't know the name of it! 

It was a wonderful date night and I can't wait to do it again!!  Thanks so much Kai!

No comments: