Friday, October 1, 2010


We have made quite a bit of progress on our fence. Dan took off work yesterday, and the weather cooperated nicely. It was gorgeous - sunny and warm.

With Kendra in preschool for 3 hours, then a nice 2 hour nap, we were able to get a lot of toddler free work time in. We have all the support structure built, with the exception of where the gates will go (one at either end). We also started cutting the slats to fit. Good little environmentalists that we are (ok, fine - we're cheap!) we are reusing the boards from our old fence. I was looking at each board and cutting off the bad sections and Dan would tack it into place. It's a lot of time consuming work, although fairly low effort at this point. Each 8' section needs approximately 16 slats. After they are done, we'll have to cut and staple the mesh into the 4' section. Last will be tacking the mesh to the top of the wooden sections.

We have no idea how to build the gates. One problem at a time I guess!

Hopefully tomorrow will be just as nice, and with some hard work and a bit of luck, we'll finish it!

No comments: