Saturday, July 14, 2007

Almost There

Today Matt was over to do the final walk through and take pictures of the various rooms. I signed all the paperwork, and the house goes on the market Monday. I'll post the MLS link once I have it. Wow - all this work and it's finally coming to fruition.

Dan is moved into our new house. He's tied up in the 48 film contest this weekend, so I haven't heard much. But I know he really likes the new place, so that's good. We have a phone, Internet and TIVO - all the important stuff. :) He's been so wonderfully supportive during my various freak-out moments. He's had his too - our general agreement is we can't freak out over the same things at the same time. So far so good.

I told work about my plans on Thursday. My boss's reaction was "well I wasn't expecting to hear this news until the end of the year." She figured we'd announce we were getting married around year end and I'd be moving. I pitched my idea of telecommuting, and it wasn't dismissed. Both her and her boss are supportive of it. Now we just have to get the rest of the management team on board. The next big hurdle, Eve's boss's boss, is very pro-technology, so hopefully it won't be much of a hurdle. Say a little prayer - being able to keep my job would make the transition so much easier.

That's it for now - I'm beat!

2 comments:

M Easter said...

wow... good luck with the top brass at work. telecommuting sure would remove one variable from the equation

will dan's video contest be put on youtube?

K. said...

Not sure -since it's a contest and they usually put a video out I tend to doubt it, but I could be wrong. This is the first year I've been even remotely involved.

If it is, I'll post the link. It sounds like a fun topic. Either way, I'll write more once I hear/see the final version.