Thursday, April 14, 2011

30 Weeks

30 weeks into this pregnancy and everything is going wonderfully! I have a crazy number of doctor appointments, but that's par for having a preemie last go round. I currently meet with my OB weekly, have ultrasounds every other week, and now have non-stress tests weekly. I passed my glucola test with flying colors, although I failed my vitamin D and iron levels test, so more supplements. I'm now taking 10 pills a day, plus all the Tums I can stand for heartburn.

This little guy is so much bigger than Kendra was. I have a lot of heartburn, and his kicks are much more painful. I'm actually being woken up at night from them! Little stinker.

We are still working on finalizing the room switch. As is par for the course of home improvement projects, Dan ran ethernet cable down the inside of the wall for the new office and it has since vanished. It has to be in the wall somewhere, but despite three new holes, the wires have not appeared. Back to the attic tonight to try to find them.

Uncooperative weather has made finishing the bookshelves we built tough as well. I need to take the actual shelves outside to paint, but we haven't had a decent day to do it. I was also hoping to strip the new (to us) furniture we bought for Kendra and restore it to natural wood. With all the rain and cold weather though, it doesn't look like it will be finished before the baby is born.

One bright spot is Dan's parents have finalized their plans to come visit and Kendra is already pretty excited. They'll be here in the middle of June. Chances are they'll meet their new grandson, but we just have to wait and see!

No comments: