Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Daughter's A Genius

I enrolled Kendra and I in a study on play based learning. The study entails an observer come to our house and interview us, do a twenty minute video of Kendra and I interacting, and a vocabulary test. They come back in 9 months to do it all again.

The vocabulary test consisted of four pictures and the tester asked Kendra to point to one specific picture. Some were nouns, some were representations of verbs. She had to miss 6 or more before the test ended. She made it all the way to 7 years old before she missed enough to end it.

That's right, my little chatterbox has the working vocabulary of the average 6 1/2 year old. Of course, I knew she was the smartest kid ever, but it's nice to have it confirmed :) (Actually, I was really surprised at how high she scored. I wasn't expecting that at all.)

No comments: