Tuesday, December 7, 2010

First Baby Gift

We received our first gift for Gummy Bear last night! Dan's parents sent a box of Christmas gifts, and included an adorable yellow sleep sack for the new baby. They are such sweet and wonderful people.

Sunday I hosted a cookie exchange. It was a success, and we ended up with several dozen deliciously scrumtastic cookies! I parceled them out to freezer bags, and we will now have homemade cookies all through the holiday season that I don't have to make!

Monday we were all down with various ailments. Kendra had an ear infection most of last week, and I figured I'd just let it run it's course or take her to the doctor if it got markedly worse. By Monday she had a 101 fever and was miserable, so off we went. She's on antibiotics now, and feeling 100% better. (As an aside - how cool are the new flavors you can add? She takes her meds with absolutely no complaint. She loves the raspberry flavor!) Dan had what seems to have been some sort of 24 hour stomach bug. He was pretty miserable though, and even stayed home from work. I started feeling bad last night, and today have what is shaping up to be a miserable cold.

Did I mention we leave for Canada on Friday? We are heading to the Vancouver area to celebrate my birthday. Here's hoping we're all feeling better by then!

No comments: