Monday, May 3, 2010

Art From Portland

I mentioned in my previous post about some cool things we bought in Portland.

I got an awesome vase for flowers. I have several vases, but they are all big. They look great with big bouquets, but I don't grow enough flowers to always have huge bouquets. I wanted something smaller that would look pretty on the table with just a few flowers picked from our yard.

Here it is with some lavender, blue bells and scotch broom, all picked from our yard. Lavender grows like crazy here, and I am planting it everywhere. I love having it around the yard and in the house. The blue bells and scotch broom are basically weeds, but pretty weeds :)





Kendra's picture is something we both fell in love with as soon as we saw it. The artist was a woman named Sienna Morris (click here for her website and more examples of her work).

When we re-do her room from nursery to little girl room, I want this picture to be part of the focus of the room. It combines nature, a young woman reading and numbers - all things I hope Kendra will appreciate.

Numbers? Yes, the entire painting is made out of the numbers 1-12.


Here's close-up of the leaf on the far right of the painting. Pretty awesome, isn't it? I'd love to have more of her work.



No comments: